Most of you know that The Block Island Medical Center provides emergent and urgent care around the clock, every day of the year.
Many of you know that we also provide excellent adult and pediatric primary care.
For those who have not yet established BIHS as your primary care provider we now invite you to do so and we invite everyone, new or established, to schedule your annual wellness and preventive health care visit.
The best way to improve health and remain healthy is to take a proactive approach.
At your yearly visit we will:
- Perform an update of the status of any ongoing health issues you may have.
- Identify and address any new health concerns you may have.
- Discuss your age appropriate recommended preventive health screening based upon accepted national guidelines.
- Complete a comprehensive physical examination.
- Update your advanced directives, emergency contact and specialist provider information.
- Identify any risks to your health and together strategize to minimize their potential impact.
- Provide tools and counseling as needed for smoking cessation, weight loss, stress reduction, nutrition, and exercise.
- Discuss routine test results and identify any additional testing you may require.
- Make sure you are up-to-date on important preventive vaccines.
- Provide any needed referrals to specialist services and community resources.
Your health, well being and privacy are of maximal importance to all of us at the Medical Center. It is our privilege to provide these services to the BI community with the utmost care and professionalism.
Call to make your appointment.
As always we welcome your questions and suggestions.
The Medical Team at Block Island Medical Center
Mark Andrew Clark, MD
Elizabeth Dyer, RNP
Linda Closter, RN