BIHS is searching for a Medical Assistant.
— Full-time, year-round, position with benefits!
— Must be a self-motivated, team player!
— On-the-job training is available!
If you have any questions, email Alison Warfel at [email protected].
To apply, please send a resume and a letter of interest to [email protected] before February 16th.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Nurse Manager/Provider
• Assisting patients in and out of the building
• Room readiness for the purpose of patient visit
• Rooming patients, helping patients change into exam gowns when needed
• Entering medications, allergies, etc. into EHR
• Taking and recording vitals on paper and in EHR
• Review the Quality Metrics that can be closed at the time of visit; will record in the EHR
• Take and record reassessment vitals as directed
• Reporting on patients to Provider
• Setting up for procedures/suturing
• Setting up for pelvic exams and assisting when directed by Nurse Manager/Provider
• Cleaning and wrapping wounds under the direction of Nurse Manager/Provider
• Placing a patient on cardiac monitor and/or O2 Sat
• Perform EKG’s
• Enter information into Sonosite for bedside ultrasound exams
• Enter registration information into PACS for X-rays
• Clean up after procedures
• Change stretchers
• Stock rooms following cards on the inside of cabinets
• Bring labs to Ferry
• Pre-visit planning, including preventative and chronic care management assessment
• Care coordination including following up with patients on referrals, care needs, and outreach to appropriate resources
• Patient follow-up via phone or portal as directed
• Perform ear lavage
• Perform spirometry
• Administer vaccines
• Point of care testing including all CLIA-waived tests as directed
• Administer medications orally, subcutaneously, or intramuscularly as directed (no controlled substances)
• Perform blood draws as directed
• Other duties as assigned
• Self-starter, willingness to learn, college education or equivalent experience
• Training is included in this position