The Block Island Medical Center Capital Campaign
Please help strengthen our tradition of care for the island community
The Block Island Medical Center is about to start an exciting building project to ensure our facility can serve Block Island’s healthcare needs today and well into the future.
Our $7.5 million Capital Campaign will fund a renovation and expansion of the Medical Center and grow the endowment. The building was built in 1989, with minor adaptations since. The upgrades and expansion are essential to providing the primary and urgent care we all need here on Block Island.
Highlights of the Block Island Medical Center Renovation/Expansion Plans
- two acute care rooms, four primary care rooms, and a central care team area
- critically needed housing: four single rooms with shared kitchen and living space for visiting students and medical residents, as well as a separate apartment for visiting specialists and relief providers
- new and redesigned spaces for telehealth, behavioral health, dentistry, x-ray, massage, chiropractic, acupuncture, and lab
- new physical therapy treatment space
- newly designed office space for providers and administration
- new elevator to all three floors
We ask everyone to make a meaningful investment in Block Island’s only medical care providers, and welcome your contribution of any amount – pledges may be paid in up to five years.
The Medical Center is a critical resource on Block Island, sustaining the island as a viable year-round community and an internationally known tourist destination. We provide medical care for everyone on the island – year-round residents, seasonal homeowners, summer renters, boaters moored in the Great Salt Pond and Old Harbor, summer workers, weekend visitors, and day-trippers.
Please give generously today!